- Automate real-world OpenStack cloud operator administrative tasks
- Construct a set of the newest automation code to avoid wasting time on coping with your OpenStack cloud
- Manage boxes in your cloud and cost the well-being of your cloud utilizing Nagios
Most businesses are seeking for easy methods to increase enterprise agility simply because they've got learned simply having a cloud isn't adequate. having the ability to increase software deployments, lessen infrastructure downtime, and put off day-by-day guide projects can simply be finished via a few kind of automation.
We commence with a short evaluate of OpenStack and Ansible 2 and spotlight a few most sensible practices. every one bankruptcy will supply an advent to dealing with a variety of Cloud Operator management initiatives similar to handling bins inside of your cloud; environment up/utilizing open resource programs for tracking; developing a number of users/tenants; taking example snapshots; and customizing your cloud to run a number of energetic areas. each one bankruptcy also will offer a step by step educational on the way to automate those projects with Ansible 2.
Packed with real-world OpenStack administrative projects, this ebook will stroll you thru operating examples and clarify how those initiatives might be automatic utilizing some of the most well known open resource automation instruments out there today.
What you are going to learn
- Efficiently execute OpenStack administrative tasks
- Familiarize your self with how Ansible 2 works and check the outlined most sensible practices
- Create Ansible 2 playbooks and roles
- Automate projects to customise your OpenStack cloud
- Review OpenStack automation concerns whilst automating administrative tasks
- Examine and automate complicated OpenStack projects and precise use cases
- Get a high-level evaluate of OpenStack and present production-ready projects
- Explore OpenStack CLI instruments and use them
About the Author
Walter Bentley is a Rackspace inner most Cloud Technical advertising Engineer and writer with a various heritage in construction structures management and options structure. He has greater than 15 years of expertise in sectors reminiscent of affiliate marketing online, monetary, assurance, aviation, the nutrition undefined, schooling, and now in know-how. long ago, he was once generally the requestor, buyer, and consultant to businesses within the use of applied sciences akin to OpenStack. this day, he is an OpenStack promoter and cloud educator. In his present function, Walter is helping clients construct, layout, and install inner most clouds outfitted on OpenStack. that comes with specialist prone engagements round working OpenStack clouds and DevOps engagements developing playbooks/roles with Ansible. He offers and speaks frequently at OpenStack Summits, AnsibleFest, and different expertise meetings, plus webinars, weblog posts and technical stories. His first publication, OpenStack management with Ansible, was once published in 2016.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to OpenStack
- Introduction to Ansible
- Creating a number of Users/Projects
- Customizing Your Clouds Quotas
- Snapshot Your Cloud
- Migrating Instances
- Managing boxes in your Cloud
- Setting Up Active-Active Regions
- Inventory Your Cloud
- Health fee Your Cloud with Nagios